Thursday, January 07, 2010

Baby cream fixes my skin issues

My 'toughest' skin issue, among several: My left foot has had athletes foot all over it for 10 years. I managed to clear it 100% (even nail infections) with daily vinegar+salt foot bath followed by tea tree oil, but the constant use of vinegar made my heel skin so weak that it constantly cracked badly (blood/pain)... a few months after quitting, a.foot crept back, so Ive been keeping it somewhat in 'check' with oils and occasional rubbing with alcohol ever since, but it gets really bad as soon as I forget.

* *

I already take zinc to boost health and testosterone. My zinc pills make feel sick to my stomach for 30 min, so was looking for cream that could deliver zinc through my skin. My first zinc cream was 100% oil based and USELESS. Didnt absorb into skin at all. So I was looking for a new one when I found a WATER based one (20% zinc) from a Baby Care series. It was cheaper and they had it in my food store (old one was drugstore only). It seemed to work GREAT, absorbing into skin and staying there for up to 1 week. It even seemed to make the skin much smoother after some weeks.

* *

So I started testing this water based 20% zinc baby cream on some trouble areas..
-tested it on a month-old itchy rash on my arm-pit and it cleared in 4 days.
-cleared persistent red scaly spots on my scalp in 4 days.
-fixed red scaly spots on nose wings and eye brow in same fashion.
-clears any minor redness in beard region in 2 days.

So, some weeks ago I got an idea. I put it all over my foot, and quit my other foot treatment. I re-applied once a week (the zinc sticks so well to dry/scaly skin) and observed:
-scaling of skin has stopped.
-zero smell anywhere on foot.
-skin feels more like though leather than crisp bacon (before).
-heel cracks nearly gone and not causing pain.
-nail infections seem to clear up.. have to wait for some nail growth to conclude on this one though.

3 days ago I started testing it on some KP (bumpy skin w/ingrown hairs) at the back of my arms:
-Just checked in mirror and it looks MUCH better already.
-Seems like the zinc powder makes humps become dry and fall off.

On scalp and nose wings, the redness starts creeping back after ca 2 weeks if I do zero upkeep.. so I use tiny (near invisible) amounts of the cream once pr week.

* *

QC & H.S.E. info:

There is a minor side effect. Skin gets really WHITE and dry looking when the cream is on. I can instantly remove this whiteness by rubbing some olive oil on skin. I only do this when going out to meet new girls though.

The various testing above started 8 months ago. I have seen ZERO negative side effects (other than the whiteness) in this period. Not even pimples, which is strange with the zinc powder filling up the pores.

I intentionally waited with this post because I felt this thing deserved a proper thorough presentation.

I used the same water based 20% zinc baby cream for all this. Product content info:
-Aqua (key!! the non-water based one was crap!)
-Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
-Zinc Oxide
-Ethyl Hexyl Stearate
-Sorbitan Isostearate
-Zinc Stearate
-Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate
-Hydrogenated castor oil
-Glycerin
-Magnesium Sulfate
-Lactic Acid
-Sodium Hydroxide
(Source: http://derma.dk/produkter/produktblad.php?pid=7)

No comments: